View Single Post
Old 07-26-23, 06:08 AM   #87
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
Big win? This is the scene of the big win, I put a 1km-circle around it to give an impression of scale.

Now I wonder how much the Ukrainains had to pay for this big win. The territorial gain is not impressive. How much did it take them? Because that cost they had to pay is what influences the war much more than this small strip of land.

Dont get me wrong, I do not mean to talk Ukrainian efforts down. But I react increasingly allergic to this constant glorious propaganda and reality-contorting rhetoric. And we have enough interview snippets with Ukrainian soldiers at the front that clearly indicate they dont give dirt for this propaganda thunder at all, and see a different reality on the ground.

Bakhmut does not count, its just about two growling egos. What counts is Melitopol and the coast south of it, this is where the fate of this offensive is decided. If they could take Melitopol, then Russia would get extremely serious strategic problems on the operational level. But they are still 60km and three heavily fortified defence lines away from that city. But Bakhmut...?! Bakhmut is just political symbolism. No strategic relevance whatever.