Old 06-25-23, 08:50 AM   #743
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

I'm not sure what this guy is on but I wouldn't mind trying some

Quote:
Humza Yousaf's new independence plan 'like Sturgeon's on steroids'

The SNP could get a mandate at the next general election for another independence referendum even if it loses seats and attracts only a third of the popular vote in Scotland, Humza Yousaf has insisted.

Opinion polls show the Nationalists are on course to lose more than half the 48 seats they won at the 2019 election, with voter support in a Westminster election dropping to 34 per cent.

But the First Minister argued that the “rules of a general election” mean the SNP would be victorious if it won more seats than any other party north of the border.

Even if the SNP did not win a majority of Scottish seats, Mr Yousaf said this would still give him the mandate to “seek negotiations with the UK Government” for another referendum to be held “as soon as we possibly can”.

In an extraordinary intervention, he also claimed that winning the most seats would mean he had a mandate to “lay the foundations of a newly independent state” and to draw up a draft divorce agreement to leave the UK.

But Mr Yousaf admitted that voters who had backed the party in previous elections “probably won’t” continue doing so if they did not want another referendum in the near future.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other...4f09a02c&ei=18

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote