View Single Post
Old 06-23-23, 06:57 AM   #738
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

The wife and I have various forms of photo ID but there are many out there who haven't.

Time to get it sorted I reckon.

Quote:
About 14,000 people were prevented from voting because they could not show an accepted form of photo ID during England's local elections, according to the Electoral Commission.

Ethnic minorities and unemployed voters were more likely to be turned away, research by the watchdog suggests.

"Significantly more" were put off voting by the requirement to show ID at polling stations, the report found.

The policy was rolled out for the first time in Britain in May's elections.

Data collected at polling station showed 0.25% of those who went to a polling station were not able to vote as a result of not being able to show ID, approximately 14,000 voters in total.

The true figure is thought to be higher as some of those who wanted to vote at polling stations might have turned away after reading the requirements at the entrance but were not formally recorded, the Commission said.

The figures are also based on incomplete data received from 226 of the 230 councils where polls were held this year.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65988959

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote