Old 04-30-23, 06:47 AM   #1078
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Very very nice !
The gun turrets are a bit too small in my opinion, but I may be wrong.
Thank you so much, mate!

Only think i can add, weel, Type 1934 destroyers were armed with single 5" guns (12.7 cm SK C/34 naval gun), who really appear small in their shield.
This is what i can see into pics and schemes:

For comparison, Type 1936A twin forward gun appear a little huge (and heavy, with related stability problems):

PS @flush deck and @Mister_M, thanks a lot. Well, i like the "all blue" scheme too... I guess everyone doesn't like the effect will delete it, but for me is good too. Times ago i studied the idea to have library object who change colors in order to adapt to ship's multiskin textures. Result give us, for example, the A\A supports for Soldati, Navigatori, Poeti and Dardo classes italian destroyers, who are included into specific library files. I guess the idea of have similar variable guns outside the dat will work in similar way, but will require more study btw (add guns in every dat\sim\zon etc could eat a lot of memory, i guess, i remember a similar work in latest the_frog work, with great results i must say). Maybe in future... :P

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508

Last edited by VonDos; 04-30-23 at 07:16 AM.
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote