View Single Post
Old 04-14-23, 04:50 PM   #297
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

I remember when I first started hearing about the Greens here on the subsim network opposing NordStreeam 2. Though serious, I jokingly brought up the idea the U.S. was probably assisting them and their rise in political power.

Seems the U.S. and the Greens have a lot in common.

I knew there was a reason I usually like what Annalena has to say.

Below is from Wikipedia. However I would never doubt or argue against the views of those who actually live in Germany and have to deal with them.

Quote:
The Greens are regarded as taking a Atlanticist line on defense and pushing for a stronger common EU foreign policy, especially against Russia and China. Green Party co-leader Annalena Baerbock has proposed a post-pacifist foreign policy. She supports eastward expansion of NATO and has considered the number of UN resolutions critical of Israel as "absurd compared to resolutions against other states." The party's program included references to NATO as an "indispensable" part of European security. The Greens have promised to abolish the contested Nord Stream 2 pipeline to ship Russian natural gas to Germany. The party criticized the EU's investment deal with China. In 2016, the Greens criticised Germany's defense plan with Saudi Arabia, which has been waging war in Yemen and has been accused of massive human rights violations.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-14-23 at 06:47 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote