Thread: Mission Request
View Single Post
Old 07-26-06, 09:21 PM   #9
suBB
Chief

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

@ Goldoark

I’ve played some of those maps and I’m not quite sure if I played some of them designed by Furia, but I will definitely keep my eye open for those. Mainly I played black market boomer, Baltic break in and some other ones. Then shortly after I started editing and since then I haven’t played anything, including my own map w/o hang-ups and bugs.

Sometimes it's frustrating....

And once all these bugs are worked out, eventually cooperative mode will definitely need to be tested as well as some other items on my to-do list. I would expect it to fare well but won’t know exactly until otherwise.

I don’t want to seem like a slack @ss but I’m taking my time with this and in doing so new ideas come to mind easier without the pressures of ‘hurrying up to get done so we can play’ The primary focus is this beta I’m currently working on. When all goes well that will lay the foundation to build from.

----------------------

@ hyperion2206

I don’t want to seem one-sided but at the present time, this map I’m making is for lwami only. This beta represents itself well, which gives me all the more reason to continue supporting lwami in this light. Speaking of support, LW, where can i get a coffee mug!!

That doesn’t mean you still can’t play it in stock, but the main concern I have about stock on this type of map is there is a very good chance dives will become short lived.

Lwami sonar model:

Which was voted by the community(IIRC) which also means this is something the people wanted to see, and in my opinion is a ‘true to life’ sonar model compared to stock. Meaning detection is relative to speed and distance of the target.

Assuming same layer conditions: If a noisy sub is going 5 kts from 5nm away then is detected, then changes speed to less than 5 kts to all stop, you will lose contact of the target, even datum from TMA board, as one would expect if contact lost on a signal source.

I also think thermal layers are modeled more accurately than stock as well or so that’s been my experience. Lwami has enhanced the experience by leaps and bounds and has set a new standard. For some this is a dream come true, and for others it’s a nightmare to deal with(learning curve). It also has forced me(willingly) to revamp my typical means of engagement and localization :hmm:, among other things - basically how I run my ship – but all for the better.

Words can't describe how lethal and cunning AI is on lwami, so for mission designers on lwami, missions will prove more interesting and reflect higher quality than before.

You will even find some people say that lwami is a form of cheating, yet they have yet to try it. I've also heard that it was created by those who "obviously really suck at the game so they make a mod so they will have a chance to win"

but i know differently.............

I just cracked up laughing when I heard this **** :rotfl:

Stock sonar model:

Very simple model - this model is not relative (in my opinion) to speed or distance of the target. So using the same layer - same 5kts to all stop – same 5nm away – you will still detect and gather TMA data and have a solution. So to me that makes no sense nor is it life-like to detect and collect data on something that isn’t making noise from 10,000 yrds away And if any sub(in this case) isn’t generating noise, then what then is to say for the noise source at that range, the water flowing around the sub? In other words the sea-state?!?!

If anything, stock sonar model more of a form of cheating than anything else.
suBB is offline   Reply With Quote