View Single Post
Old 03-14-23, 10:33 AM   #563
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Well, Linneker voiced a private opinion tweet not in a BBC program but on Twitter, and while his wording may sound harsh to some, that of the government's representatives to describe the arriving migrants was much more offending, imo. Running a strict and determined policy, and using phrases and terms like the press reported them as official quotes, are two different things. And yes, even internationally the BBC'S reputation already no longer is what it once used to be, many years ago. This now comes on top of it all.

I think the BBC was wrong in making this an issue in the first, and also in the way it did then so and "fired" Linneker. They surely look now like a poodle who wetted himself.

BTW, I hold neither sympathy nor antipathy to Linneker, I recall his name from his active career, and thats all, i have no impression of him at all, never saw the show he is hosting. Nothing. That migrants policies in all Europe need to be tightened, is obvious. But some of the vocabulay reported from the British islands in recent weeks made me raising an eyebrow. Obviously somebody appeals to the lower sentiments of his audience there.