View Single Post
Old 03-10-23, 01:11 PM   #41
rentacow
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Subsim Quote of the Day Generator: https://pastebin.com/LLebwhn8

On execution, it calls the openAI chatbot API to make up a few "words of wisdom" then stores the quote, with metadata to a json.
For example: A website backend could run the script once per day, then post the new quote as a "Quote of the Day" or something.

You'll get a unique quote every day!

Some Examples:

• "The sea is a good master and it teaches the duty of obedience."
  • "Success comes from taking calculated risks, but never forgetting to stay vigilant and prepared for the unknown."
  • "It is better to be a captain while on the surface, than a passenger while beneath it."
  • "Leadership is not a rank, but rather a responsibility to those who depend on you."
  • "A good captain is one who learns from the past, lives in the present and plans for the future."

And bonus points if you pass the daily quote to DALL-E's API to generate a unique art asset to go with it:

I've had like a billion of these kinds of ideas since I started experimenting with the API and it's sent my ADHD through the roof

Of course you can customize the prompt to get any kind of quote, funny quote, poem, song lyrics or anything you want.

EDIT: Gave the script some basic error handling and error logging functionality. Like I was saying, ADHD... Also the project is on GitHub

Last edited by rentacow; 03-10-23 at 11:34 PM. Reason: update to script. added a link to github repo
rentacow is offline   Reply With Quote