View Single Post
Old 03-06-23, 12:15 PM   #5288
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
Let's put that into perspective shall we? The U.S has 140,000 miles of RR track (that's enough to cross the U.S. from coast to coast 41 times), the U.S. also moves 1.7 Billion Tons of cargo across those tracks every year. Last week (final week of FEB) the RR's moved 459,233 train cars (box cars, hoppers, intermodal cars, etc.) from point A to point B (this does not include passenger rail). So if you extrapolate that number out to 52 weeks, that comes out to about 23.8 Million RR cars per year traveling across the U.S.

While the East Palestine derailment was preventable, the response by both Norfolk Southern and Biden Admin is a dismal failure. And rather than look for scapegoats, they should be working to repair and/or mitigate the damage caused to the area, and address the specific failure that caused this derailment (I have a feeling when all is said and done is that standard safety protocols were not adhered to).

I know, I wasn’t sure what he meant by the statement so I took a chance . Been keeping up on it seems both sides of the house are starting to wonder what the heck is going on with NFS and some are calling on the CEO to make an appearance before congress. Regardless whether anyone thinks the number of derailments are a lot or not. Someone needs to drive their size 12 boondocker up someone’s butt. Considering the toxic fallout, that derailment in East Palestine, OH was one too many.

In this country we have a luxury other countries don’t. We can usually get answers faster if we fire off respectful nasty grams demanding answers. We shouldn’t be defending any of those freeloaders on the hill.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote