View Single Post
Old 01-24-23, 08:24 AM   #9324
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Pistorius after the meeting with Stoltenberg: Situation regarding tanks has not changed

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius said that Berlin has still not made a decision on the transfer of Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

As reported by Censor.NET with reference to the EP, he said this after a meeting with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.

"Currently, there is no new information, the situation has not changed. We are preparing a decision, which will be very soon. As I said in Ramstein, I support our partners if they want to start training (Ukrainians, - ed.) on these tanks, we will not interfere with this. But as I said, we are preparing our decision," the minister said.

Pistorius recalled his decision to entrust the Bundeswehr with the inspection of the tanks but noted that it was not done simply to count them.

"Of course, we know how many of them we have, everything is a bit more complicated. We have to check the industrial stocks," he added.

The NATO Secretary General, in turn, also said that a decision on the tanks will be made soon.

"We discussed tanks. Consultations between the allies will continue and I think we will have a decision soon," he said. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3395309

Poland asked Germany to hand over Leopard tanks to Ukraine: It is about the security of all of Europe

Official Warsaw turned to Berlin with a request to transfer Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine.

This was reported by Polish Defense Minister Mariusz Blaszczak, Censor.NET informs.

"The Germans received our request for consent to the transfer of Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine. I also appeal to the German side with a request to join the coalition of countries that support Ukraine with Leopard 2 tanks. This is our common cause because it is about the security of the whole of Europe!" he wrote on Twitter.

It will be recalled that the day before, the spokesman of the German government, Steffen Gebeshreit, said that Berlin has not yet received an official request from Warsaw regarding the permission to hand over the tanks that are in service with the Polish army. When such a request is credible, it will be processed in accordance with the procedures. Source: https://censor.net/en/n3395326

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)