mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Frankfurter Rundschau:
-----------------------------
In the discussion about the delivery of battle tanks to Ukraine, Finland is now signaling its willingness to provide Leopard 2 tanks to the country under attack from Russia. In a joint European approach, his country would also contribute, Finnish President Sauli Niinistö told the STT news agency.

However, Finland is in a special position, he said, because it is not yet a NATO member and shares a common border with Russia. Therefore, Finland's contribution could not be particularly large. The country has more than 200 German-made Leopard 2 tanks, according to STT.
------------------------------

That's 3, maybe 4. Poland, United Kingdom, Finland. Last year already, then denied: Spain.

And of course now when I need it I can't find it-Some hours ago I read a Status on twitter where they said something with we want Abrams M1A1 or was it 2.
Instead I tried to find something about it on the web-And I found this
Question:
"Should we give Ukraine M1 Abrams tanks?"

Answer:
"There is a logistics problem with that. The Abrams has a gas turbine engine that most Ukrainian mechanics are unfamiliar with, we would also have to provide the parts and maintenance/repair infrastructure for it. The beauty of using Russian built tanks is they have an almost infinite supply of parts and even the Ukrainian farmers can take one apart and put it back together again."

Markus

My little lovely female cat