View Single Post
Old 01-12-23, 02:29 PM   #9122
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

German Green Economy Minister Habeck told the media that he supports the Polish demand for Leopard deliveries to Ukraine, and that Germany should not refuse. Thus, the Greens are again increasing the pressure on Bubble-Olaf and his SPD, and this pressure is likely to increase until the upcoming Ramstein conference.

The military value of a shortened tank company from Poland, reduced to 10 vehicles, is likely to be rather low, these are simply too few tanks, and already in peacetime never all combat vehicles of a company or battalion are actually operational, something is always in repair and maintenance - how much more in war, I wonder?

In addition, very long and complicated logistic chains have to be newly, additionally built. Fuel, ammunition, spare parts. A maintenance base for Leopards is supposed to be built in Slovenia or Slovakia (I always confuse the two...).

I would expect that it would have to be a heavy brigade, what would have to be deployed in Ukraine with armored western vehicles - MBTs and IFVs - to really perform a game-changer function. A brigade, that would be 3-5 battalions, and one of them with heavy battle tanks and 2-3 with IFVs - that would indeed be something. In addition, a logistic and perhaps an artillery battalion or one with mortars. A tank battalion, that would be 45-55 tanks. 50 American Bradley: a mechanized battalion. 40 German Marder: one (shortened) battalion.

Three fingers of an armored fist. Two more to go. Say one more battalion of Soviet-produced combat vehicles. Artillery perhaps not at brigade level, but variably supporting by Himars and howitzers already delivered.

When the Leopards come and the Challengers (also just a shortened company...) , Russia should maybe begin to worry even more seriously about its stolen territories. Such a formation could punch through a Russian front and drive a wedge all the way to the coast.

Have a nice rest of your vacation in Crimea, Russians!