View Single Post
Old 01-09-23, 09:12 AM   #100
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

When i still used an Oculus set, I had access to Skybox VR, a movieplayer with a nice cinema theme, it was very well done both in functionality and visuals for the place it even had the light fading in and out. Its on Steam, but cannot be bought currently, it is under re-development. Only Oculus owners can still buy it, and then in the oculus shop.

Stuff you buy at steam, can be used on all hardware standards, stuff you buy in the Oculus shop, can onyl be used with Oculus hardware even if it is the same title. Beware! Skybox was the only title I ever bought for the Oculus, therefore.

--------------------------

Some movies I may prefer to watch in a more intimate setting, also my own bicycle videos (seeing your own self-shot movie on the moviescreen really lights your candle especially when your name is shown on the screen! ), small studio cinemas with seats for 20-40 people only, usually that are films that have no blockbuster-quality graphcis to offer. Or I just want a change. I use virtual cinemas a very lot, and so I indeed change a very lot. I love it.

This moviehall never gets fully dark, but is a piece of art and visual beauty, you will spend the first minutes just with staring at the ceiling. Very nice one. It comes in two versions, in the one you sit in the first row, in the other version you sit behind that on the balcony.

Private Theatre (Grand)

This one equals a small studio cinema where they usually show less blockbuster and mainstream films, but more or less "arts" movies from filmmakers with small budgets. It comes in two versions, one with the blue background lights, one with these being switched off. The blue light is nice, but the dark theme is more realistic.

The following themes are more like home ambience and are also more intimate, they offer animated objects and the worlds outside the windows also may be animated a bit. The screens are smaller, like you would expect in a room of that size. Really, they are well done and are nice, worth to bne tried, even more when considering that all the themes I demonstrated here (except just a single one) are FREE. These have the themes of "Toon", "Western", "Horror", "Fantasy".

Virtual Desktop also has several screens and environments on board, two small private home movie rooms amongst them. But I never use them, they are okay, but the one has too small screen size, the other an unfavourable viewing angle. But maybe thats just me and they work fine for others.

All these cinemas are about immerison only, they do not add or substract any functionality.

Last edited by Skybird; 01-09-23 at 09:40 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote