View Single Post
Old 01-05-23, 04:42 PM   #698
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

10 October 1943

CENTPAC
An enemy sub attempted an attack on a surface action task force that was trying to intercept possible landing barges moving reinforcements to Tinian. The sub missed and sustained light depth charge damage in retaliation. A second sub was spotted approaching but we failed to prosecute it after it dove.

An enemy midget sub approached Tinian trying to pick off a damaged cargo ship but was sunk by the Spence, which apparently has a thing for killing midget subs.

One of my damaged cargo ships succumbed to its damage at Tinian.

My Avengers continued their focus on Tinian's ground forces, and dive bombers on the 3 ports. SBDs hit a cargo ship at Guam, probably killing it.

ASW aircraft reported 3 hits on enemy subs this turn.

DEI
Arizona and New Mexico, previously deployed in the Solomons, shelled Kendari, causing 435 enemy casualties, destroying a Tony, causing 20 instances of damage to aircraft, and causing moderate damage to the airbase. B-24 raids killed yet another mine tender.

Thanks to fighter cover from our new base at Batjan, we were able to send 15 B-25s all the way north to Manado to hit the enemy airbase there, causing moderate base damage and killing a Judy on the ground.

Reinforcements
AS Howard W. Gilmore arrives at Eastern USA
AM Fierce arrives at Cristobal
209th Combat Engineer Battalion arrives at Aden
28th USN Naval Construction Regiment arrives at Port Hueneme
10th RAAF M/W Sqn arrives at Sydney