Thread: Cool pics
View Single Post
Old 11-29-22, 11:22 PM   #510
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

/\ I sat in that car which was parked on a South SF pier where I was the armed security standing over the cash box at a weekend public auto auction. The pier was shared by the Nash Bridges production company and no one objected when I asked. The show is still on every Wednesday! Some years later, 2009-2010, I was security on SF's Treasure Island for the short-lived TV show Trauma. 30 taxis, 30 ambulances, 30 police cruisers, ten eighteen wheelers and particularly: 3 real flying helicopters and their fuel-truck were my sole lookout every night for a year. The Huey behind New Zealander Cliff Curtis was a particular favorite. The copter company owner, an ex Marine no-nonsense colonel and the 'copter pilots were extremely courteous the whole year long to their guard! Seeing shows get made from the wormseye view is more entertaining than the show itself! < one of the the other 'copters. Since the City itself was reguarded as a 'character' the 'copters wer flown to the locations when not parked at Treasure island on the old Pan Am Clipper runway. The original 1937 hangers housed the show's massive interior hospital & firehouse set and also
the production carpentry, and production offices. The shoulder patch and 'copter logo is still on one of the historic hangers.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 11-30-22 at 12:24 AM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote