View Single Post
Old 11-28-22, 11:17 AM   #644
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

20 August 1943

Solomons and SouthPAC
The freshly-repaired Arizona and New Mexico bombarded Guadalcanal. They'd departed Syndey prior to the appearance of carriers near Ponape, so I didn't intend for them to be bait, but they're totally bait now. If the enemy carriers decide they're worth it, we have plenty of airpower from Rabaul all the way down to the east end of the Solomons.

Recon flights continue to hold the enemy CVBG at Ponape and strength estimates are pretty consistent at 3 CV. There is also a convoy of at least 8 ships there, so it looks like they're already trying to move their troops out.

My carriers and AOs somehow blew past each other without linking up, so I'm having my carriers slow down to let the AOs catch up again. So at least one more day before them attacking is even an option. Not sure I want an "even" fight just to try to get those transports, though.

I'm going to order a rare long-range night attack on Ponape tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

USS Skate was bombed and has been ordered back to Midway for repairs.

DEI
Our PTs found the last of the enemy transport barges at Ambon (for now) and sank them.

Burma
USS Barb and HMS Trident attacked cargo ships at Moulmein; both missed. But the Trident made a second attack, scoring 2 hits on a cargo ship, sinking it.

Reinforcements
LST 73 arrives at Aden
VF-38 arrives at Seattle (36 Hellcats)
VMF-311 arrives at Eastern USA (18 Corsairs)
433rd TCG/69th TCS arrives at Eastern USA (13 Transports)
6th Marine Regiment arrives at San Francisco
1st Army Tank Regiment arrives at Sydney