View Single Post
Old 11-20-22, 01:42 PM   #5
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickening58 View Post
Gentlemen...some non-USN skippers know the value of twin screws,too Am sure if were able to be done, it would have been modded by now, right?
Am 6 months into my introduction to SH4,still playing stock but ready to jump....and am afraid I'm addicted. LOL Fortunately I'm semi-retired
FWIW.....10/43-7th Brisbane patrol, trying to sneak into Rabaul harbor to photo recon a couple of CV's THEN attempt at putting one down. Huge renown,right??
Anyway 3 local patrol DD's (with skills!!) caught me in shallow water and worked us over good. Alot of damage,two squeaky shafts, heavy stern flooding.....and come to find lost the rudder. Bad night at Rabaul.

Guess rudder loss can happen in stock SH4,too
yes.it.can.

there is a fix, of sorts, if you are intrepidacious, and you know how to use JSGME for mod-sets.

you can create a personal mod folder under the JSGME MODS folder for Zones.cfg. Find the entries for rudders and prop shafts and change the parameter of CanBeDestroyed from Yes to No. keep in mind that any piece of equipment can be damaged and not destroyed but will still take weeks of time to be repaired. you can also change the HitPoints value to something a bit higher than what it is. HitPoints is the parameter of damage for each piece of defined equipment...and crew. yes, each crewman has a HitPoint parm.

whatever you decide, good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote