View Single Post
Old 11-14-22, 07:53 AM   #882
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 457
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrenSo View Post
Quick question as I just started a campaign last week and only played single missions before. Do I have to pay attention to something special when saving and loading later a save game with NYGM?

Loading of a save game in bunker, after and before a parole works fine, but not every time when I saved on sea at patrol. For example, if I save at sea before completing the task of patrolling at grid XY for 24 hours, loading of this save game works without problems. But when I have completed the task and I am still on hunting because I still have already torpedoes, I can't load the save games and got CTD if progress bar of loading is complete. Sometimes I can read the German welcome sentence with "Gute Jagd und fette Beute" but then I got CTD too.
Only if I load a save game in bunker or before I reached the allocated patrol grid and completing the task there, the loading works.

Before with LSH3 2020 I don't have this issues and every save game works fine. Instead of the saving issues we all know with SH3.
Rarely the save won't load, as all super mods i've already played. But sometimes save will crash...(never the bunker one).
What i do is immediatly re-try to load the failed save (90% of time second try work!) or if not, i load an other save.

Best for saving is to make sure no ships around (but i already saved with ships around without issue) and preferably no planes (saving at night).
Other than that, it seems it's better to save when you are in the nav map window.
Just before clicking save, ask for weather report, and click save when report is still red...you will return to same weather when loading your save
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote