Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 11-07-22, 01:05 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolar View Post
I'm Doolar or Jerry in real life. I'm planning on installing SHIV. Some might recognize me from the SHIII side of SUBSIM. I have a question for ya'll, what is the DIFFERENCE between the super mods, not which is better. I would never ask that and besides I would eventually get around trying them all anyways and decide for myself. I've tried most every mod that SHIII has to offer, and all bring something different to the table. I'm sure the same goes here for SHIV. All are good. So, I just looking for the main differences here. I'll be a newbie here for a while, so I'm looking for a good balance between "game Play and Eye Candy". I would like to stay in the Pacific on US boats for starters until I get the hang of things. After that, I'll most likely venture out from there and try other Super or Mega Mods. Thanx Jerry CA45
jerry, welcome to SH4.
you are probably going to get a lot of varying opinions on this topic.
my suggestion is to buy a license for SH4 Version 1.5 with Uboat missions. this version will allow you to play almost all of the mega-mods that are worth playing.
i would also suggest downloading and applying GFO (game fixes only) and then play that "Stock" game for a while.
While you are playing stock, take some time and investigate these: mega-mods:
  • Original TMO (v2.5) +RSRD (trigger maru overhauled and run silent run deep)
  • TMO ala BH (bubblehead1980)
  • FOTRSU (fall of the rising sun ultimate by s7rikeback and propbeanie)
  • and when you want to go back to the ATO for some new German experiences, Dark Waters.

good luck and have fun!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote