View Single Post
Old 10-18-22, 04:26 PM   #1680
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A poll amongst German hospitals of all sizes above 55 beds made clear that every fifth house - 21% - is capable to survive only a few hours in case of a Blackout. Only 14% are prepared to maintain close to normal operations for sa few days if the Blackout lasts as longs. 40% of the hospitals said they would be able to care for patients only in a very reduced and limited format. 7% of the houses said they would need to completely shut down almost immedately.

The poll included 288 hospitals with more than 55 beds.

Supermarkets in Germany mull to close earlier in the evening. Except in Bavaria (where all stores must close at 8 p.m.), stores over here vary in their closing times, it usually set between 9 p.m. and midnight, smaller supermarkets in somewhat isolated locations may close earlier. More and more chains now say the prepare to close at 7 or 8 p.m. Reaosn is they want to save electricity for opights, and heating - and the high amount of empolyoeeds not working due to being ill from Corona. (In Germany it is punishable if you go to work with a diagnosed Corona infection, both money and prison penalties are imposed).

I sometimes like to go supermarket shopping in the night, its not as hectic and noisy as over the day, and not so many people around. But I can live with early clsoing times. I still can recall that in my childhood, all shops - ALL shops! - closed at 1830h... I could live even with that.

Last edited by Skybird; 10-18-22 at 04:37 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote