Old 09-10-22, 02:04 AM   #1173
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
I only played TMO Classic w/ RSRDC for like the last 5 or 6... or more years and in that all the periscopes went above the water all the time. So it appears that the more the game gets MODed, the further it gets away from Original/Vanilla SH-4. That is to say, it becomes less of the “balanced” computer game/simulation that UBIsoft originally intended (that had a TON of bugs), and more of a dedicated simulation as more and more MODers refine and enhance it.

Until just now when I read yours and BH's explanation of the situation I had no real knowledge of the specific history of the periscopes of U.S. NAVY inter-war and WWII submarines. So what I thought was a problem was in fact not a problem at all, but rather a more honest representation of the actual periscopes of these boats.

So, much ado over nothing... I guess.

Thanks for the info and explanations, and sorry about the unnecessary questions and speculations.

I still maintain that the Flying Dutchman is riding a little to high in the water... unless you or someone else have a real life explanation for that too.

-StealthRabbit

On that, about the dutchman riding a bit higher in the skirts above the water... it is likely, that there will be some other ships that are like that, besides the dutchman there.

Just 1 of many bugs that started off 1st, from Ubi & may have been overlooked as things got modded as it pertains to ships. Not a recrimination against ship modders, just that it can happen of things slipping through the cracks... & getting overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

Hopefully, as with other things worked on, is another thing that can be reworked to balance out the force. (sorry, a bit of a Star Wars reference there... )

Hope that helps...

M. M.