Old 09-08-22, 05:44 PM   #1161
StealthRabbit
Silent Captain

Downloads: 288
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
it's a S3ditor thing.
most of the sounds will have english descriptions so finding them will be fairly intuitive.
make a mini mod for yourself and copy that one file. go to MODS and create a Unique Named folder for you for example MODS\StealthRabbit_SoundMod\Data\Sound\ then copy SH.sdl into it. edit and save the file and apply your new mod last using LSGME.
then go sink some ships.

Thank you KaleunMarco.

I went and did all that, and after a little trial and error I got the dive, surface, and emergency dive klaxons to a non-frightening-small-pets volume level. I have finally made my very first MOD to be enabled by JSGME. And it was waayyy easier then I thought it would be. It's simple and only changes one volume setting, but it's a start, and opens a whole new world of eventually making ever more elaborate and complicated MOD's that lead to many many hours in front of a computer screen, staring at it until I go blind, ignoring family and responsibilities, because I have been camped out in front of my computer for days trying to figure out why the new damn overly elaborate Mega-MOD I have been working on for ten months just WONT F**K**G WORK RIGHT!!!!.... I can see it now.

Just kidding of course.

On a more serious note, thanks for the suggestion and info. It was just enough for me to figure it out, which is the best way for me to learn things on the computer. At first I set the volume level way way too low at something like 10. Then when I tested it out I didn't hear anything so I though I did something wrong. Then when thinking about it I remembered that Silent 3ditor seems to change values on a more logarithmic scale rather then a linear one. So I set it to around 50 and I could just barley hear it, so on the third attempt I set it to 65 and that is where I left it. It's perfect to me. Loud enough to know I am diving, but not so loud that I am going for the volume knob every time. I may eventually hazard into more complex MODs, but I am thinking that for all but the simplest MODs multiple files need to be changed, and that I imagine takes a greater understanding of how the different parts of the game affect other parts... and files... and what not.

But that's a challenge for a different day.
Thanks again.

-StealthRabbit