View Single Post
Old 09-06-22, 04:25 PM   #220
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Same like in Germany. None of them all is suitable to lead a government or country.

I red a comparison between Thatcher and Truss somewhere today, after that it is clear to me that Truss does not even rank close to Thatcher. Thatcher was a rational and deep thinker, and she called surprisignly many people into her closest circle of advisors and cabinet who did not agree at all with her. She did so because she did not want servile Yes-sayers, but "opponents" asking her questiosn and giving her different views toi her own, that she then considered (and rejected mostly , but not for no reason). Truss does exactly the opposite , she only collects Yes-sayers and loyalists around her so far. I also have not heard anything from her that gave me the impression that she is an especially bright light. And certainly no rational deep thinker.

Give her a chance? Why not. In an endless universe anythign seems to be possible, so why not this.

I would not have had Sunak either btw. As I said: nobody suitable in sight, nowhere. Not in the UK, not in germany, not on EU level. All political cabinets seem to have been called up by Madame Tussaud these days.