View Single Post
Old 08-01-22, 05:19 PM   #247
mapuc
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
She is old. The trip already got delayed from February I think. And its her last term, she leaves in a few months.

Now or never.

I think its not bad that she may force Biden to clearly position himself without that strategic ambiguity BS - because what else could he do if the Chinese overreact? Kneel and say "we're sorry, we do it never again, promised"?

Like the Russians, the Chinese in recent years showed they understand only one language: that of force. They bullied practically all their neighbours in the air and on the seas, claim international waters, steal fishing grounds in other nation's territorial waters, and so forth. They always dose it such that just so the US would not react - just so... That way many small steps of advancing on the enemy and at his cost have been collected, combining to a by now impressively massive advance. And the US has done nothing, as they calculated.

And anyone one remembering the recce plane incident around one and a half decade ago when the American plane had to declare an emergency landing...?
My comments so far has mostly been based on what you wrote on the page before-

Where you wrote
"the US is not really capable or determined to defend Taiwan, I say since years that I would take an American naval victory not for granted even if the war would take place"

And I replied with
Top leaders and top politician in USA know this too.

This is why I'm convince USA will blink first to avoid any escalation-Yes they have a Carrier in the strait of Taiwan-But that's only showing off.

What I may add to our discussion
Can or will Biden do it-Prevent Pelosi from visiting Taiwan ?

Edit
You guys knows a lot more than I do when it comes to geopolitical and military. I can only write from what you have written and what I read and hear in the news and adding some personal belief.
End Edit

Markus

My little lovely female cat
mapuc is offline   Reply With Quote