View Single Post
Old 07-24-22, 10:37 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

^ There are many folding bikes, but only one concept like the Kwiggle. Note that the anatomic position is very different from a normal bike, you more stand than sit on this, and bring more power into the pedals, while maintaining a straight back and relieved stress on all angles.

I have just placed my order. With protectors, lights, luggage holders, and 3 speed gear, it will cost me around 1730 Euros if I keep it.

Chain and sprockets will last severla years they say, they are using notr greas eor oil ,m but some special ceramic powder-greas-something stuff. Its all made of hardened special steel, sprockets included.

Changing tyres and replacing rubbers on brakes can be done by any shop, if you want a complete "pit stop", you tell them, they send you a logistics label, you put it into a small box (mind you, the bike fits into a medium size suitcase and weighs 8.5-10.5 kg...), and some days later the parcel delivery service returns the serviced bike to you the same way. If you want, you can do all maintenance yourself, too, special screws and sprockets and such items you only have to order form them in advance, these ar items you will not gets anywhere else, they are specially made for the Kwiggels alone.

The steel is specially hardened, but yet flexibel. The weight limit they set is not due to the steel frame, but due to the very small tyres.

They do not sell in shops (but you can go to their base and get it there, in Hannover), and therefore allow customers to test-drive for two weeks or so - you can send it back if you do not like it. Its said that adaptation time to this new feeling is less than a week. They say they have a return rate of less than 3.5%. It seems customer feedback is overwhelmingly positive.

I am in, I will test it. When i found out I could even hang in my ordinary - and huge - bike bag, I "was surrendered". As comparison I have the Bromptons of my parents. I expect this to be better.

Why shouldn't I try this? I do not have a car, I dont need a car, I save the costs from owning a car. We have very good bike-friendly infrastructure, so why shouldn't I focus on bicylces? I will have a normal bike, an e-bike and the Kwiggle then, plus a flatbed trailer for the first two.

Last edited by Skybird; 07-24-22 at 10:56 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote