View Single Post
Old 07-17-22, 07:46 AM   #1487
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
i think that we have to use the IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo option and assign the Black Sea-IIB to another Flotilla that is still in business in September 1944 and then use that Flot to upgrade the boat.

one problem is keeping enough bases open between the Black Sea and Germany to enable a little IIB to make it the whole, long way.

i'll look for a Flot that HAD IIB's so that then the Black Sea IIB shows up she will be upgraded to a 7 or a 9 or whatever.
or
somehow, arrange for a message to be sent to the user that says you need to voluntarily end your career in August 1944.
That's what I was showing here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
So they (devs) are insistent that you are going to take a new (impossible) submarine, and do the coastal waters Inshore Campaign, eh? I wonder where some of those Black Sea submariners ended up? I mean, besides the Eastern Front and POW camps? Did any skippers or other officers make it back to submarines? Perhaps you could have your boat transfer to... Wilhelmshaven maybe, since they're sending you to the Channel?... No. won't work... Trondheim?? But the Type IIB then would be dated last to August 23 (or maybe 24th??) with an "IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= 13thFlot_Trondheim"...?? You would have to add a Type IIB there though, such as
ID= F25IIB
NameDisplayable= Type IIB U-boat
AvailabilityInterval= 1944-08-20, 1944-09-01 (or earlier, like 1944-08-26)
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= IIB
UnitTypeCommonality= 1
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL
The dates are kind of a kicker, until you run through it a few tries and find out what happens with what. You might want to add a temporary CareerStart to the bottom of the list to do an early August start, to help ease the pain of testing... Anyway, it seems the game doesn't want you to quit playing just then - unless you die, but all of the bases are being closed in France, so you can't transfer to them reliably... but you want a transfer to a base such that you "upgrade" naturally to a higher class boat, and that Trondheim we added has a VIIC, IXC-40, and IXD-2 that go kind of deep into the war, plus you are close enough to a XXI base if you get that anyway... but apparently, the game is going to continue from Constanza... and you have already been through the XXI saga, trying to get by Constantinople and what happens then...

Very strange though.

P.S.: You would also need one valid mission assignment for the IIB at Trondheim in the North Sea...
I don't think that will work though, because the game will assign the player one last mission at the old flotilla, remember? So you are in the Black Sea, and you are transferred by the game to Trondheim. Your first mission assignment when you go on patrol from Trondheim is in the Black Sea... of course though, you can ignore that assignment and just go North Sea convoy hunting, but the game is more than a bit strange in several regards about this.

I thought more about the Cachalot and Narwhal, and they're fine, because unlike the Black Sea campaign, their base of operations isn't ending, just the boat, and since there are other boats at the base, you 'upgrade' boats automatically (in theory) when the old one expires.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote