u crank
Old enough to know better

Downloads: 136
Uploads: 0

Sorry but I somehow missed this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
In short:
Imho the lgbtq thing is a counter reaction to gay etc. people having been suppressed, criminalized and condemned for centuries, and all those reforms and civil rights being introduced never tackled this.
I do not think that sudenly more people are becoming gay /lesbian /bi /transgender /queer /whatever just because their "coming out" is suddenly allowed as being regarded as normal, and accepted as such, still minor compared to the statistical representative cross section of what you call humanity. Accept there are always some who are different, try not to humiliate them.
This has not much to do with "left" ideas but with human biology and relations, including tolerance. When i think about what England did to Alan Turing it still makes me vomit.
Well said, especially this. "Accept there are always some who are different, try not to humiliate them."

Quote:
"The reshaping of the society", young humans have always had new ideas and old people were forever ranting against them, right or wrong. Give them time, it will all work out in the long run. And (unfortunately) nothing has or will really change(d).
Obviously human society is evolving. It is only natural. And there will always be radical ideas that come into play. But some of these ideas are pushed hard by activists that sometimes don't represent the majority. That is the "reshaping" that I was referring to. And these types are easily found out because immediately upon having a discussion they start with the accusations of bigotry. They simply do not want the discussion.

The reshaping of society is ongoing, sometimes good and sometimes not so good. I believe that the best defense to the bad "reshaping" is knowledge.

Quote:
Had written a long answer, but it vanished due to a browser glitch (Edge, of course)
Yea that is a drag. I now compose long posts on Notepad and then copy/paste. And even then ....

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke

u crank is offline   Reply With Quote