View Single Post
Old 06-01-22, 08:46 AM   #178
Kptlt. Neuerburg
Admiral

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Just a quick FYI, when you declare something as being ‘moot’. You are saying it is still open for debate or discussion.

[The Congress shall have Power . . . ] To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress; . . .

So continuing on with the debate of militias.

The power of the state government to legislate militias existed prior to the formation of the Constitution. Though the militia clauses do not constrain Congress in raising and supporting a national army neither does it remove the States power to raise a militia.

I don’t know anything about Kentucky long rifles I’m from Wisconsin.

And when I speak of Militias I’m referring to State organized militias or a SDF. Not the private ones and those other loose cannons.
Okay so what about this thing called the National Guard? Did the National Guard take on the role of what the states militias had done previously, since while it is considered part of the US Army's Reserve when it's activated for a federal mission but when it is not activated is under the control of a state's governor. I would also argue that in the context of the 2nd Amendment it gives the right to keep and bear arms to members of the well regulated militia and not the general populous of the United States.