View Single Post
Old 04-26-22, 09:21 PM   #20999
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post

ok what's that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddahaid View Post
Yes, but I still haven't found a match in photo searching which is worrying.
Well I did! But cannot get any info on this aicrafthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoma...tion_Squadrons But it appears to be a 1912 Harlan Eindecker
Quote:
s the son of the banker Otto Harlan, brother of the writer Walter Harlan and uncle of the director Veit Harlan, he belonged to the Harlan family. He founded one of the first car cab companies in Berlin in 1906. In 1910 he turned to aircraft construction. His company, Harlan-Flugzeugwerke GmbH at Johannisthal airfield, produced the Harlan monoplane, which was built in several versions until 1911. [3] With his aircraft several prizes and records could be flown. In September 1913, Hermann Reichelt succeeded in a stage flight over 1025 km from Johannisthal to Villacoublay with a Harlan monoplane. Due to a lack of orders, Harlan gave up aircraft construction in the spring of 1914. [4]

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 04-26-22 at 09:29 PM.
Aktungbby is online