View Single Post
Old 04-22-22, 04:49 PM   #838
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 437
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipede View Post
Undoubtedly this has been covered before somewhere but, if so, I've yet to find it... on the other hand it's likely that I've just missed something obvious to everyone else.

I'm just getting back into SH4 w/ TMO after years away and I can't figure out how to get some of the hotkeys/functions to work. For example: While it's not critical it would make life simpler if I could return the view to match the heading by simply hitting a specific hotkey (supposedly the "-" key) but no joy. Definitely in the critical column is the chronometer and I can't get it to pop up with a click on the taskbar icon or find mention of a specific hotkey.

What am I missing?
welcome back.

the depending on the keyboard setup, the chronometer can be toggled with either C or X (lower case).
i suggest using one of the keyboard utilities to tidy up and customize your keyboard layout.
i use Keymapper by jimimadrid but there are others.

there are two keys in TMO for those.
the Heading to view that i have experienced is when i use the equal sign which is the lower case character of the keyboard-plus. i know for a fact that if you use the number pad plus, you will increase the time compression. i KNOW that equal will bring the boat to the heading in whatever you are viewing (periscope, UZT, binocs)

the view-to-heading should work as it works for me.
[Cmd148]
Name=Heading_to_view
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBB,,"+"

[Cmd149]
Name=View_to_heading
Ctxt=1
Key0=0xBD,,"-"

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10