View Single Post
Old 04-16-22, 09:45 PM   #11
Barleyman
Gunner

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPSchazly View Post
As ET2SN mentioned, Dangerous Waters works just fine on Windows 10. I prefer running in a window to remove any risk of crashing from alt+tabbing, and I also like it better for accessing frequency sheets or other references. But the d3d8.dll should work fine for fullscreen. Here's my video on how to run Dangerous Waters in a window on Windows 10 with DxWnd, if you're so interested (be sure to read the video description!!):

Others have used dxvoodoo (or something like that). DxWnd is the program I was told about, I don't think there's any effective difference between the two.

This does come up on Google among a few other threads. I dug out cold waters, had fun with it for a while and got bored with the unrealistic game antics, so lets dig out the old faithful .. It's rather annoying that PING does not count for TMA and/or contact tracking. Also TMA jumping to zero if your guys lose the track for one second gets old. Oh well, it's the RSR remake so it is what it is.

Anyways, the settings in the tube do not really work, at least for me they do not. The key problem is that you're not ticking the "enumerate 16-bit modes" in Direct3D settings. Without that, you get video mode error.

In the video, setting initial resolution and limiting resolution do nothing unless you tick the box also. Inject DLL method is not really needed, it works fine with windows hook.

There's this bit from the DXWnd creator for sub command (to fix cursor) that is a good starting point:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/disc...ad/5050f95128/

Here are the settings I'm using, perhaps someone will find it useful. Note that this is for 4k display, you might not want 2400x1800 otherwise..
Attached Files
File Type: txt Dangerous Waters.dxw.txt (9.6 KB, 26 views)
Barleyman is offline   Reply With Quote