View Single Post
Old 03-27-22, 01:06 PM   #701
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
Sometimes I've got no choice but to save near land as alot of my patrols are near land. I do surface, order all stop and F2 before saving.

Never heard of the "Donation Narwhal Class", I play what is included with TMO.

Did a test career and all of gauges function. Nice to know. 1/3 speed and silent running is around 65-70rpm. Nice to know also. Just a big noisy boat no matter what the RPM is.

========

Was assigned a photo mission to Formosa and arrived when it was still daylight. Anyway, I went to 100 ft and was creeping into photo position when all of a sudden I was getting massive damage reports. Half the crew was injured. I went to external view and low and behold, I had run into a Submarine Net, went all the way up to the conning tower. This is the 1st time ever encountering one.

Luckily I had saved before, so I reloaded and went in at Periscope depth. Avoided the net this time. Raised scope and viewed numerous ships in port. Completed photo mission but decided that while I was there....

I got to within 4300 yards. Didn't want to get any closer because there were 2 ASW just outside at anchor.

Fired 3 fish at a large Merchant. It wasn't a full 90* shot, more like 35* off the merchies bow. Wasn't sure it was gonna work. BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! down it went.

Fired 2 at a smaller merchie bow on. BOOM! BOOM! it didn't sink , but the decks were awash.

Fired 1 at a small ASW and watched the torpedo go right under it and then explode against the pier underneath a crane. I was disappointed that the crane didn't fall into the water.

Reminded me of the scene in "Operation Petty Coat" when they sank a truck.

Which

lol yep, most harbors in TMO now have subnets and/or mines . This was done to prevent port raiding and access for photo missions etc, make them unable to complete for most part. Some actually have minefields on surface as well with small gaps for traffic to come and go. Which port in Formosa did this occur?
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote