View Single Post
Old 03-18-22, 04:06 PM   #502
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I am currently watching the complete series via Bluray again. It a decade since I saw the first season, and later seasons got broadcasted over here once a year. So it really is some time.

I must say that not before now, while I watch all seasons and episodes in quick succession, I realise all the many details in the many narration strings, all the loose ends being tied together, the random small events in this or that brief scene that get picked up and remembered in another scene a few episodes later, that it all comes together and falls into its right place. Its like with a big piece of classical music, say a symphony. Sometimes you must listen to it several times before you have become aware of all subtle nuances and individual instruments' roles in it. Its the same with this series.

My appreciation for GOT has grown tremendousls, now that I have compelted 6 seaosns of 8.

Funny, the same experience I currently also make with another series from several years ago: the new version of Battlestar Galactica. The same here: you watch it and stay aware of so many small details that fit into the narration that back then escaped your memoryspan because the broadcasting covered so long time. Just that GOT is more complex.

In both series, this weighs the heavier because there is an ongoing story spanning from first to last episode, its not like a crime series where every epsiode tells one complete story that is finished at the end of those 50 minutes.

I encourage to watch it all again, if you liked it the first time. Its greater fun than the first time, for me at least.