View Single Post
Old 01-29-22, 01:58 PM   #19989
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 24
Uploads: 0

Quote:
That's so Buck Rogers. Where do the sparks come out?
at the Burning Man festival??!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
Dymaxion. I wonder whether anyone ever really thought of jet stilts on that car :/
It was the reference to the jet stilts that caused me to select this image with the rear 'jet stilt ; but i still can't tell if its real...but imho that wouldn't really affect the puzzle solving'
Quote:
Because he was aiming for what Fuller called Omni Medium Transport, a vehicle that could go anywhere, the Dymaxion would ultimately have "wheels for ground travel and jet stilts for instant takeoff and flight." Jet stilts were Fuller's placeholder idea for a future technology that could provide compact, concentrated lift – twenty years before the commercial availability of jets. o his daughter, Allegra, he described the Dymaxion as:A "zoomobile", explaining that it could hop off the road at will, fly about, then, as deftly as a bird, settle back into a place in traffic
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dymaxion_car

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 01-29-22 at 02:14 PM.