View Single Post
Old 01-28-22, 12:06 AM   #112
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
I'm awaiting the results of today's LA RamsTampa Buccaneers(Tom Brady QB'd) playoff game to see if it'll be a all-California NFC title game! A S.F. vs L.A.slugfest for the SuperBowl berth!! but ever mindful that real gentlemen play Rugby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AktungBBY
All bets are off for this grudge match; but I'd lay down a small shekel that the Niners will get past LA for the SuperBowl berth.
So now were talkkin' dirty tricks:
Quote:
San Francisco 49ers fans were bummed out with a policy briefly on Ticketmaster that prevented many from buying tickets for the NFC Championship against the Los Angeles Rams this Sunday.

The Rams and Ticketmaster had restricted ticket sales to purchasers with a credit card zip code in the "Greater Los Angeles Region." The fan ban prompted a huge outcry by Niner fans. By Monday morning, the policy was lifted. But for many, it was too little too late, because tickets had sold out.

Fans can still seek out third-party tickets but can expect to pay a markup. The Rams implemented the restriction two weeks ago after the Faithful turned SoFi Stadium into a sea of red during the regular-season finale. The 49ers appeared to outnumber the Rams fans. The 49ers defeated LA twice during the 2021 regular season – a 31-10 rout in Week 10 and a 27-24 victory in the regular-season finale in which San Francisco rallied back from a 17-point deficit to clinch a playoff spot.

Howard Wasserman, a law professor at Florida International University, said privately built stadiums give teams and the NFL more latitude.
"There’s no law in place that they would be running afoul of," said Wasserman.
That would be different if SoFi was publicly owned.
"Then it is subject to Constitution limitations like the 14th Amendment and the 1st Amendment," he said.
This is 'slugfest' dirty tricks at its lowest level: restricting ticket sales in a public venue to oppositin fandom from the same state is inexcusable...and won't change the outcome, my 'small shekel' says the Niners will go to the Super Bowel and the Rams should be embarrassed at such unsporting shennanigans. https://www.ktvu.com/news/la-rams-ti...mpionship-game

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote