Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenwurst View Post
Good on you Sky. If I knew you were in town I would've bought you a beer
real not VR but VB ( aussie joke ).

I saw "Dune" again last night at a local cinema ( $18 for popcorn !!!!! , some people actually paid ) and brought earplugs - they made a difference

Diversity and know your audience....I think the director may have been pressured a little bit.

"Sky Captain...." love the movie too, the sepia tone, retro futurism, Bai Lin,
Me too these days only go to the cinemas with earplugs. Else the insane volume sends my skull at all directions simultaneously.

Not sure you understood me correctly. The cinema does not exist anymore, I did not go there and watched a VR movie there, but I visited the cinema via VR, in a model of the former main showroom.

The IMAX cinema, I read at least, was demolished in 2016.

I prefer this setting in VR, since it offers the biggest, moviescreen I know in VR. I have some smaller movie halls for VR as well, however, for smaller, less blockbusteresque films. WEatchign them in VR this way really is a good idea. No oversized TV and no projector can compete with the display size!

Sky Captain, I know what you mean. What you listed, plus the visual comic style of 50s pulp magazine SciFi, and then this name (in the German dub at least): Polly Perkins!

Its just a movie that makes you feel like a little boy again, breathing the air of some Ray Bradbury stories, maybe.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-28-21 at 06:29 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote