Old 11-29-21, 12:20 PM   #3956
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bera View Post
Hi folks! I´m used to old TMO, but I want to give this mod a try.

One question: can I have"tails" and sensor information on the navigation map, and also the ship silhouettes? I remember that in TMO I had to delete some files in order to get it:

Disable Tmaru, and delete the following two files:
\Data\Menu\gui\ContLine.dds
\Data\Menu\gui\DashLine.dds

How do I get back the ship silhouettes on the contact map?

Go to the /data/sea directory in TMaru. There you will find about 97 subdirectories, one for each ship in the game. Located in each one of these subdirectories is a DDS file. This file will be named whatever the ships name is _shp.dds (*_ship.dds). Delete each of these files from all subdirectories.

Ahoy, Bera...

Would help to know just what version of FotRS you're rolling with.... (That is, if it is, indeed the FotRS mod set that you're asking about)

Now, if it is v1.46 or the 1.6X preview version... there should be a optional mod (mod name: 452_MoonlightzSonarLines) you need to activate through jsgme, that will give back to contacts on the nav map, "tails" & I think, also their vision range circle for merchies... & vision/& sound detection range info to them warships that are so inclined to be outfitted with such gear.

That mod set, should already include the shipname.sil or shipname_sil info in there... or is that, .shp or _shp...

*shakes head to clear out the cobwebs* Any who, at any rate... as far as I know of, it should already be in there.

1 of the other, more knowledgeable shipmates here... can feel free to jump in & confirm/refute My info here...

If spot on, then... hope that this info helps clarify things for ya.

M. M.