View Single Post
Old 10-23-21, 08:47 PM   #2457
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
I agree, those screenshots are very old, from maybe 2016 - I may not even have that blood spatter effect on my computer anymore. I will go for a more realistic look in future. And probably less gross. No idea how to control blood spray trajectory, though.

And the bodies do sink extremely fast - the screens were probably taken with game paused. I created a new "body" zone in zones.cfg and gave it an extremely high flotability value, causing it to sink immediately from 1-2 machine gun rounds. Fun stuff, but gruesome.

For now, work on injuries/blood fx is held up because the U-Boat models are obviously much more important. And I am still not 100% sure which figure models I will use for certain characters.

@Niume - the sailor shooting the survivor is controlled by me. I have not figured out how to get AA guns to attack surface targets automatically.

I appreciate you have included the blood spatter in the sim. Far too often things like that are left out. Would like to find a way to include that in my future versions of TMO, if you're willing to fill me in. Adds a sense of realism and reminds people while this is a pc simulation, these things really happened.

AA guns can be converted to function as deck guns to target surface vessels etc . Not at home currently but when am will send you a link with the mod I created converting AA guns to deck guns.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote