View Single Post
Old 10-19-21, 01:26 PM   #14052
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Its bollocks for most existing houses.

For Wärmepumpen/Heat Pumps to work well you need to have all tubes and heating being adapted to the technology as well, its not just the heat pump itself that replaces the old heater/oven. You need to also isolate the walls of houses well enough. Estimations for germany say that over 90% of existing houses are unsuited for this technology, nevertehless it gets promoted like crazy over here, too. As if it were a free ticket into paradise. It isn't, like so many other super recipes of the smarties, too.

If environmental and weather circumstances work against you, these things switch to electric heating, you heat with electricity then. In Germany at least electricity is extremely expensive, and not just since recent weeks, but since many years.

Its the unforgiving reality catching up with hysterically overacting human beings.

The technology can work well enough. In the right place and almostz ideal circumstances. And if you build a new house around it.

In my property owner's assembly where I am a part of, we have therefor voted to nill against this switch. We will need to go with gas in the future, therefore. Which is not really encouraging.

If we were clever, wichi Germans aren'T, we would have already reversed the killing of nuclear power long time ago, and would have started to build new nuclear powerplants. Instead our last remaining nukies will be switched off next year.

Well, in coming years there will be many more unpleasant surprises from the ideological hysteria politics nowadays get driven by.

Russia has declared almost economic war on the EU over energy, its not so much Nord Stream 2 they are about, but they want the EU states to kill their climate goals that demand end of fossil fuels by 2030. The goal is unrealistic anyway, it will not be met, but Russia has understood that still it could suffer serious loss of income earlier than it thought. Therefore they have started to shoot hot against this policy. Thats why I am very pessimistic that negotiations cna lead them to deliver more gas than they are demanded by existing treaties. They want new treaties of very long duration, far beyond 2030. To deliver more gas additionally now would be against their interests. I wonder why they are expected to act against their interests. They do, tit for tat, what existing treaties demand them to do, and not one bit more. And I expect them to not do one little thing more over this winter. The worse the winter becomes, the better an ally it is for them.

I forsee this winter becoming very disruptive for European states.