View Single Post
Old 10-17-21, 10:50 AM   #35
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The question is whether one takes your quoted religous text literally, or metaphorically.

If I take Jesus metaphorically, I have him in one row with Hui Neng, Huang Po, Lin Chi and who else, Ch'An, Vedix texts, old Hinduism, old Taoism. Christian mystics like Origines, Meister Eckehart, Angelus Silesius, Thomas a Kempis, and others express the similioarities clearly although not referring and having known these Asian conceots. If I pick the old testament or the new one beside the glad tidings, or take Jesus literalyl and word for word, I have him on the shelve between the Harry Potter books, and the DVD with Hannibal Lecter.

There cannot be several truths parallel to each other, there can be just one. Where one thinks there are several ones, all but one must be wrong. thats what "truth" is about.

Believing is not knowing. Claiming that believing a virtue is the trick of those who claim something and know they cannot stand the testing of it.

The Golden Rule.

Or this:

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” - Siddharta Gautama