View Single Post
Old 10-07-21, 08:35 AM   #147
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinaldi View Post
This is phenomenal. I can't even begin to describe how overjoyed I am to have seen this when I visited. I was having a blast with my last TMO playthrough until I had a whoopsie-daisy with the cloud I use, deleted all my documents. It took the wind out of my sails for a bit.

Part of my fatigue was due to getting tired of having to rely on RSRD with all its other changes, or the tonnage-heavy original TMO campaign traffic. I think I am most impressed with your new campaign traffic as a result. I had a quick look in editor and I think its fair to say you've struck an excellent balance between historic accuracy and replayability.

I did a quick and dirty patrol and loved everything I saw - love the submod that turns AA into surface action weapons as well.

Honestly, this website continues to impress me with the absolute wizardry that is modded into these games.

Glad you decided to return and are enjoying the mod.

Yes, historical basis, balanced with playability was the goal of modding the traffic, it is actually how this started. I returned to SH 4 after some time away and was disappointed to see that TMO and RSRD had not been updated in a while as creators were not longer active in the community. Love TMO, but it was showing its age as was RSRD. I wanted to upgrade RSRD to save myself some work, but it does not react well to changes made, especially via the mission editor. Plus, it changes the sensors and TMO AI is never same with RSRD running. Also, run RSRD long enough, it can get stale due to knowing where certain convoys always are etc.So I decided that would add ships to the TMO and change up the traffic, well the pandemic hit and had a lot of free time, so it snowballed into a major overhaul of TMO 2.5. Overall, I am with pleased with the result, still have some things working on that did not make the release but in due time.

Ah yes, the AA guns turning into deck guns , I was ecstatic when learned how to do that lol as it had always annoyed me highly the devs of the sim did not make them multi purpose , I mean they were used far more often against surface targets than aircraft. in the pacific. Think having developed U boat sims, that was in their minds, because U boats used their AA guns against aircraft somewhat often from what I have gathered. Once boat has the 40 MM and 20 MM guns, can really lay down some fire.

I agree, this is a great community, never ceases to amaze me. Enjoy you patrol, let us know how it goes.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote