View Single Post
Old 09-13-21, 08:07 AM   #8469
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean C View Post
[...] Okay. And what about those people who have contracted Covid, recovered, and developed a natural immunity?
I read natural immunity is not quite as good as with those vaccinated, which especially applies to the new line of mutations wave 3 and 4. You have to understand to fight this infection 'naturally' from zero their body had to do more, energy and wearout-wise. In comparison the vaccine is only a light touch that makes your system alert.
And however, you acquire this "natural" immunity by actually getting the real disease/getting the impact without a prepared system.

If i were to compare this to Polio or Smallpox or other virus diseases that have been made extinct by herd immunisation and a strict vaccine policy in the past, would it be better to get Polio than it would be to get vaccinated for polio – because you think after getting polio you will be better protected (which is doubtful) from polio in the future (in case of survival of course)?
In case of this virus it is of course more obvious, if your kid is to spend the rest of his life maimed in a wheelchair because the nervous system was destroyed by this poly-myelitis virus, your kid may not be so thankful.

I take it the vaccinated gets the same immunity, only that his immunosystem achieved this with a lot less wear and tear and a probably shortened life. If you survive it naturally even with mild symptoms, there are scars.

OT: It is not only the virus. The virus of course destroys the cells it replicates in, in the end. The cell is being ripped apart by the masses of viruses released in the virulent stage. And all those virusses are infesting new cells exponentially; so an infection getting out of hand and spreading to e.g. heart/liver/lung cell tissue can kill you. This virus is by no way limited to lung tissue, you can get it anywhere in your body, and it may spread anywhere.

Another problem is your immunosystem itself. Imagine you get covid, and it does hit a bit more heavily: your immunosystem may well be up to fight it by destroying the cells the viruses breed in, ok.

But this system may also over-react, and it can get as far as it destroys a bit too much of your cells just because it "thinks" it has to. In this case you own overreacting immunosystem may kill you. Which is what mine is currently trying to do to me, though not covid-related here.

Anyone with a computer and access to the internet can inform himself on reputable sites and honest searching, so .. just do yourself a favour.

OOT still have a lot of questions to ask you about navigation, so it is of course totally egoistic of me to wish you all the best, whatever your decision may be

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.

Last edited by Catfish; 09-13-21 at 08:15 AM.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote