Thread: Ahoy
View Single Post
Old 08-25-21, 05:55 PM   #8
scbaytf
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Hi Everyone,

I've known about this site for some time. Been a PC gamer since 1991. I started out using a Mac. Being an avid board wargamer at the time I gravitated to the PC as it has a much wider selection of games and simulators to play.

The 2 naval related games I can recall from my late 1980 macs days is "The Ancient Art of War at Sea" and "North Atlantic 86".

Played a lot of Janes 688I and Fleet Command in the 90's as well as Harpoon.

Nowadays I play Cold Waters, Silent Hunter 4, CMO when I get the naval itch. Other games I'm now playing are Rome Total War using the DEI mod, Hearts of Iron4 using Black Ice, War on the Sea to name a few. I also play some DCS/IL2/FS 2000 from time to time.

I play a lot of Combat Mission h2h.

I'm waiting for the day CMO has an integrated h2h capability, but I think I'll be waiting for a very, very long time.

I was looking very closely at UBoat and close to buying it, but it sounds like it still a work in process and has a ways to go.

I recall when there were call the PC is dead in the early to mid 2000's. That hasn't aged well and we're in a golden age of PC gaming and simming. Lots of great naval related games have come out and some really good ones on the horizon!
scbaytf is offline   Reply With Quote