View Single Post
Old 08-21-21, 10:52 AM   #9
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I refunded it after 80 minutes playtime. Its not that I think its a bad game or buggy or whatever, and it looks nice, and I observed the development for longer time. But when I actually played it, and walked around, I realised that it did not hit the switches in my brain, and so nothing made that clicking sound you want to hear and that confirms that you are linking up to something. Maybe too peaceful. It left me cold.

I know exactly what you mean here, sometimes it just doesn't click even if you think it should be a game you would like. For me Tyranny was like this. Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Outer Worlds. These are all games that I thought would be straight up my alley, but when I played them they just didn't click and were shelved. Just a sampling really, and that list is a lot longer.

For what it's worth, I just picked up Fallout 4 a few days ago. I was a massive fan of FO3 and New Vegas, but passed on FO4 at release and just never got around to picking it up. But it's on sale on Steam at the mo, and I got the GotY edition. having fun with it. You mentioned the settlement side of the game and I've just dipped my toes in to that. If you have any tips that would make this a better experience for me I'd like to hear them. Or any general FO4 tips. I'm level 8 or 9. If you know of a Fallout thread to move the discussion to that is cool, as I don't want to derail this one.