Old 07-27-21, 05:50 PM   #7628
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3catcircus View Post
Wai, wai, wait...

You mean you *didn't* die from COVID?!?!? I thought this was so deadly that*everyone* who got it, no matter how healthy, was destined for the grave...

Don't get me wrong, getting it sucks; but the fear-mongering, cherry-picking, and outright lying about the real risks are at the point that no authority figure is to be believed.
Nope, although I do have several of the "co-morbidity" issues and am over 60, it was still no worse for me than a medium case of the flu, in a week I was feeling good enough to apply and win a promotion at work. Far cry from being at deaths door.

But that was in early April and then I got my jab in mid June. Almost August now and still no sense of smell or taste. I mean I can taste some things, basic stuff like whether something is sweet or sour but I couldn't tell you the difference between sour lemon or sour grape and even the sour part is like half the intensity it should be. I bet I could eat raw lemons right now and gut them down.

Same thing with my sense of smell. I'll get that intial whiff of a scent but instead of growing stronger it just fades away to nothing almost immediately. That's great when i'm hauling stinky garbage to the dump, but it sucks when I stop to smell the roses.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote