Old 07-24-21, 02:40 PM   #1713
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
This is nothing but pure speculations.

Could it be so, that the vaccine has been underway long before we were witness to the first Covid-19 case ?

I can't put the finger on where the problem is..but there are things which seems not right here.

Markus
I seriously doubt ‘big pharma’ started this pandemic to make a buck. HOWEVER!

Gain-of-function (GOF) research involves experimentation that aims or is expected to (and/or, perhaps, actually does) increase the transmissibility and/or virulence of pathogens. Such research, when conducted by responsible scientists, usually aims to improve understanding of disease causing agents, their interaction with human hosts, and/or their potential to cause pandemics. The ultimate objective of such research is to better inform public health and preparedness efforts and/or development of medical countermeasures. Despite these important potential benefits, GOF research (GOFR) can pose risks regarding biosecurity and biosafety. GOFR is a subset of “dual-use research”—i.e., research that can be used for both beneficial and malevolent purposes. Whereas the dual-use life science research debate has largely focused on biosecurity dangers associated with potential malevolent use of research, the GOFR debate has more explicitly focused on risks involving both biosecurity and biosafety—the point being that creation of especially dangerous pathogens might pose highly significant biosafety risks that are independent of, and perhaps more feasible to measure/assess than, risks associated with malevolent use.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4996883/

Very scary stuff. So I blame ignorant voters who allow this kind of stuff to happen.

Anyway IMO it could have been a natural spill over though I have my doubts. Or someone just screwing up at the lab that caused a lab leak. Or I also think one possibility is it could have been intentionally let loose by the Chicoms to weaken our economy.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote