View Single Post
Old 06-30-21, 05:56 AM   #7418
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The vaccination campaign in Germany started slow, it was a dead start, almost. Meanwhile, it has won in pace significantly, and things have dramatically improved. Since two days, I learned from my doc, even in my federal state I could have gotten a date now. Last week I still was unable to sign in at the state's centres. Here is now the talk of to shutting down the centre in my hometown end of August or early September, and already in July reduce the number of opening days(the past 5 months it was operating all seven days a week, though exclusively with prioritizing)

Der Tagesspiegel writes:

Effectiveness of the vaccines against Delta at a glance: -

Astrazeneca: 60 percent effectiveness with full immunization, less to no effectiveness with just one vaccination -

Biontech / Pfizer: Two weeks after the second dose up to 88 percent effective against severe courses after a delta infection, with only one vaccination the protection is significantly lower -

Moderna: According to the first study results, an effectiveness of 88 percent can be assumed after the second vaccination -

Johnson & Johnson: effectiveness of about 65 percent against the original coronavirus, against Delta less, studies are ongoing -

The key, however, lies in the completeness of the immunization: Anyone who has only received a single dose of Astrazeneca, Biontech or Moderna carries a higher risk of becoming infected with the Delta variant and becoming ill. -

Against this background, there are considerations to shorten the interval between the first and second vaccination. Just a few months ago this period was exhausted as much as possible in order to be able to vaccinate many people with the vaccine doses that were still relatively few at the time.

Der Spiegel writes:

The vaccination campaign got off to a slow start in Germany. Again and again there were allegations to the Federal Ministry of Health: They had not ordered enough vaccine. The vaccination campaign is going far too slowly. The delivery forecasts could not be met and the vaccination infrastructure was not well thought out, it was often said. -

The USA, Israel and Great Britain were always used as positive examples, where the number of first vaccinations in the first few months of the year was far higher than that in Germany. But now the Federal Republic is catching up. On Wednesday, the percentage of first vaccinations based on the total population in Germany was for the first time higher than that of Americans. -

In Germany, 54.08 percent of people have now been vaccinated against the coronavirus at least once. -

In the US it is 53.80 percent. -

The numbers are only partially comparable. In absolute numbers, the USA has vaccinated many more people than Germany, because around 328 million people live there - in Germany only around 83 million. Nevertheless, the percentage of people vaccinated in the total population is important for achieving so-called herd immunity, i.e. the percentage of people fully vaccinated that is needed to stop the pandemic. Experts estimate it at around 70 to 80 percent. -

Depending on the vaccine, two vaccinations are required for complete protection against the coronavirus. Even against the more aggressive Delta variant, the vaccines only help after the second vaccination dose. Only the vector vaccine from Johnson & Johnson is already effective after a single administration. -

In order to achieve herd immunity, the number of completely vaccinated people is relevant. Since the USA have largely resorted to the vaccines of the US corporation Johnson & Johnson, Around 47 percent of Americans are already considered fully vaccinated. -

In Germany it is only 36 percent. -

In six to twelve weeks at the latest, the second vaccinations are due in Germany, then the quota of fully vaccinated people should be significantly higher than in the USA, where the willingness to vaccinate is already clearly leveling off.
----------------------
I'm in for my second shot August 3rd, and two weeks later should have reached full immunization effect. Then I can start slaying Delta left and right of my way!