View Single Post
Old 06-25-21, 12:35 PM   #194
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The dough ^ had a diameter of 25-26 cm, it was round, but putting it onto the stone stretched it a bit into an ellipse. I had the dough in the refrigerator for 42 hours, and 6 hours at room temperature. The recipe was as follows (at the bottom of the post). I must say, the Nuvola flour at this fermentation time worked wonders, I cannot describe how superior the consistency of the raw dough was, much, much better than a 6-12 hours dough with another flour. The done pizza was crispy on the bottom from rim to centre - and it stayed like that all the time until the last bite, it did not get wet or soft, even at the last bite I heard it crisping. The taste had a bit more arome than a short dough.

I put the champignons into olive oil before they went on the pizza for baking, the baking time was 3 minutes. No additional oil after baking, therefore. Half a can of Mutti Polpa with salt, freshly ripped Basil, dried Oregano, a bit of coarse black pepper, then stored in a sieve to get the water out. 2/3 of a marble of Mozarella, smashed and mixed with superfine freshly grinded Parmesan.

For my own part, I don't know how I could do it any better, this is as best as I can do it. This dough was top in taste and consistency. And I have a new favourite flour.

P.S. The dough is a bit much for a disc of that size, some may think. And yes, most would use less dough (250gr) for bigger discs. But the disc then gets very flappy and thin as paper in the centre, turns into formed grease if things go very bad, and that is what i do not like that much, because then there is not sufficient substance so that the dough could rise to actually form a crispy crust at the bottom, however thin it may be. Not a wet leaf of paper only, like it is modern in so many pisserias today. I want the baked dough to have 3-4 mm at the centre, and thicker rims, though not necessarily so monumental pizza walls as they do in Naples. A pizza's wall must not keep the Mongolian hordes out.

P.P.S. Yes, the yeast really is that bit only, 0.18gr. Make sure you nevertheless do not overlook and forget it.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-25-21 at 12:52 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote