View Single Post
Old 06-23-21, 08:42 AM   #189
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Tomatoes for pizza sauce. You want this brand, if you do not know it: just trust me.

https://mutti-parma.com/en/

Best there is, no China tomatoes, no chemical skinning (citric acid). I know no other canned tomatoe of this quality - these can even hold their ground to the famous (and often more expensive) San Marzano tomatoes (many fraudster dealers out there, watch out, or better pick Mutti), honestly said I taste little or not quality difference. In Italy, Mutti is the most favourite brand, I hear.

I prefer these cans to fresh tomatoes any time.

Usually I choose the "polpa" cans, hacked tomatoes these are.

During harvesting season you often can get this in glass bottles as well, which is quite practical. The supply of these however quickly declines in stores when the fresh delivery of the year has come in. The quality is known, wise people buy like crazy.

I always buy this on stock, I use it for spaghetti as well. After summer, usually I have 2-3 dozen cans and bottles in the basement. I rebuy when it drops below 1 dozen.

You can buy practically everything by Mutti, its all very good stuff, and original Italian, not Chinese. Mind you, many Italian and other brands declare themselves to sell Italian tomatoes, but in fact they use imported Chinese tomatoes, or red Asian water bags as I call them, and they get skinned with checial agents neutralised with citric acid, thats why they not only lack taste and arome, but even are soar. The lions share of "Italian" tomatoe cans are like this. Do not buy cans that have "citric acid" in the list of ingredients - you have a very inferior prodcut in your hands.