View Single Post
Old 06-18-21, 04:18 PM   #161
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Markus, I know that not few Danes understand German, a bitk somehow. How about you? If you do, check this channel, the guy really knows it well, much of what he says I can confirm by own experience (he knows more than me, however). The channel ios completely about the art to make pizza Napoli. They only have tow pizza there, Margherita and Marinara, which is even more spartane: it has practically no topping, just tomatoe, oregano and olive oil...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2i...MapINGsFmSw_BA

If you do not understand German, nevertheless learn by the looks:

Here he is about how much water to use.

From around 8th minute on, you cna see how different the dough looks, form left to right: 50, 60, 70 and 80% hydrofication.

With the red Caputo flour "Cuoco" (general cooking flour), I woludl, like him, recommend to use 60-65%, maybe even 70%. You need one day time for the dough, however, its a slower moving flour. If you use the blue-packed "Pizzeria" or "Classica", you want less water, say 60%, not more (and not less, 50 or 55% imo always is too little).

Here you can see how to pull the dough. For this, the dough better is not hard and rubber-like,, but then it shpoudl also not be too soft which means it would easily rip. Thus, hydrofication depending on the flour is so important.

He explains the differences between the Caputo flours:

He explains the time the dough can work, 1, 2 or 3 days. With the blu flours you also can reduce that to lets say 10 hours, but oyu want to staret the dough in the morning, before your breakfast, to have it ready in the late afternoon or early evening.

How to get it on the "spade".

Last edited by Skybird; 06-18-21 at 04:44 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote